Spring is that time of year where you want to start taking a little inventory of your life. You’re probably already planning to do a deep dive into your home to get rid of clothes and items that no longer serve you. Make sure you extend this same mindset to your air conditioner too!
If you had problems with your current air conditioning system last year then it’s time for you to upgrade. If you didn’t have significant problems with your air conditioner, then it just might be time for you to consider adding a few simple updates so that you can get the most possible from your air conditioning system. Either way, make sure you contact our team for all your air conditioning services in Staten Island, NY.
Is It Time for an Upgrade?
It’s not always easy to know when you need to upgrade your air conditioning system. That’s why we’ve compiled this helpful list of signs below.
You Constantly Need Repairs: If your air conditioner is up there in age and needs repair services more often than once every few summers, it’s time for an upgrade. You’re probably not head over heels in love with this and we know why—AC upgrades are expensive! You might think that you can save money by continually repairing your air conditioning system instead of upgrading, but trust us, pouring money into a defunct AC system is never a good idea.
Your Air Conditioner Is Between the Ages of 10 and 15: Air conditioners are built with longevity in mind but that doesn’t mean you can expect your air conditioner to be immortal. Air conditioners are meant to last about 15–20 years so if your air conditioner is between the ages of 10 and 15 you should start thinking about replacement regardless of the age of your AC.
Your Upgrade Options
We offer a few great systems here at Scaran including the following:
- Central Air Conditioners: You probably already have a central air conditioner in your home. It’s the most common way to cool your home across the country. It’s not a bad idea to upgrade to a newer model air conditioner though! If you’ve had your current AC unit for a while, consider upgrading your system.
- Ductless AC Systems: Ductless air conditioning systems are just what they sound like—an air conditioning system that doesn’t rely on ductwork to cool your home. If you need ductwork with higher energy savings and better control, consider upgrading to this system.
- Evaporative Coolers: Evaporative coolers (also known as swamp coolers) is an alternative indoor cooling system that passes the hot air of your home over a water-saturated pad to cool it.
- Heat Pumps: Heat pumps are an eco-friendly, cost-effective way to cool your home. The best part of these systems is their reversing valve that allows homeowners to heat and cool their space from one system.
Simple Ways to Get More from Your AC
Not exactly in the market for an upgrade but need an AC boost? Try the following:
- Upgrade to a smart thermostat
- Test and repair your ductwork
- Add an IAQ system to get more from your current AC
It doesn’t matter if you’re contemplating overhauling your air conditioning system entirely or just making a few small tweaks. Make sure you contact our team at Scaran to schedule an appointment with our team. Our technicians are a step above the rest.